Oshakati Premier Electric (Pty) Ltd –Electrifying Oshakati
Oshakati Premier Electric is an Electricity Distribution Company in Oshakati; Northern Namibia .It was established in the year 2000. OPE is governed by a board of directors and run by a management team appointed by the board. In terms of electricity consumption, Oshakati town, which is the strong customer base of OPE is ranked the fourth biggest consumer of electricity after Windhoek, Walvisbay and Swakopmund.
Oshakati Premier Electric (OPE) operates within the boundaries of Oshakati town and is mainly responsible for the distribution and power supply to the town of Oshakati, maintaining and upgrading the street & traffic lights and existing future networks and operate the electrical infrastructure in Oshakati. OPE’s customer base range from large industries such as Coca Cola, MeatCo, NamWater, commercial centres ( i.e. Game shopping complex, Etango shopping complex, Yetu shopping complex), large power users (i.e. Service Stations, Hotels, Hospitals) and several media businesses as well residential customers.
In order to ensure that our customers receive the best possible customer service they deserve, OPE is equipped with a 24 hour fault reporting centre which allow our valuable customers to report any kind of fault occurring within the boundaries of Oshakati.
Our milestones, achievements and activities
• Electrifying Uupindi North and Uupindi South
• Erecting 30 high mast lights
• Equipping almost all streets with street lighting
• Installing traffic lights (robots) at six intersections
• Maintaining our network to ensure almost zero power failures, even during rainy seasons
• Drawing up an electricity distribution master plan for Oshakati
• Ensuring and enabling fast connections to new customers
• Ensuring that distribution losses amount to less than 10% (according to meter audits)
• Ensuring that debtors pay on time
• Ensuring that suppliers are paid on time
• Setting up three 24-hour pre-paid electricity vending stations
• Installing streetlights all the way along the main road up to the Oshakati-Ongwediva border
• Electrifying the Evululuko extensions 10,11 and 12
• Establishing and running a 24-hour fault reporting centre
Upgrading the aging electrical infrastructure network
• Electrification of Okandjengedi
• Erecting of High Mast in the Okandjengedi North area
• Erecting of Robots at the Shali Iyambo Iyambo Junction
To be the preferred electricity distribution and supply company in all the areas in which we operate.
Through effective and efficient service, to provide our customers with affordable and reliable electricity, while exceeding shareowners expectations, caring for our employees, and expanding our market share.
Ethical business practices
Good corporate citizenship
We deliver effective and efficient electricity supply services to all customers of Oshakati, as well as plan and expand our electrical network to cope with the growing demand. We maintain good relations with our customers and render the following services:
• Power supply to the town of Oshakati
• Maintain existing infrastructure
• New connections
• Reconnections and disconnections of power on request
• Attend to all power failures
• Sell prepaid electricity tokens(24hrs)
• Accounts payments and enquiries
The Way Forward
We wish to ensure that Oshakati Premier Electric continues to deliver the best service to the town, that we meet Government half way in developing the electricity supply to the country and ensure that OPE remains a role model in the electricity supply industry by providing the best service to the community. In line with Vision 2030 and as per the Oshakati Electricity Distribution Master Plan, OPE will continue with the electrification of other extensions by:
• Improving efficiency in service delivery
• Upgrading aging infrastructures.
• Maintaining affordable and sustainable tariffs
Contact Rautia Mwaala
P.O. Box 1594 Oshakati, Namibia
Toll free: 08 00 88 88 88